Pentagon postpones military parade in Washington until next year

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – A military parade requested by U.S. President Donald Trump that had been planned for November in Washington has been postponed until next year, the Defense Department said.

A soldier from the U.S. Army’s 10th Mountain Division salutes U.S. President Donald Trump during the president’s visit to Fort Drum, New York, U.S., August 13, 2018. REUTERS/Carlos Barria

“We originally targeted November 10, 2018 for this event but have now agreed to explore opportunities in 2019,” the department said in a statement.

Source: Read Full Article