10 things you need to know before the opening bell
Welcome to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell. Sign up here to get this email in your inbox every morning.
Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly markets analysis.
1. US stock futures were steady after a benign US consumer inflation print. See what markets are doing today.
2. Credit Suisse just put $2 billion of Archegos-linked stocks on the market. Shares in Discovery and Chinese video-streaming website iQIYI were offered at a discount to their closing prices.
3. First North American bitcoin ETF soars past $1 billion under management. Canada's Purpose bitcoin ETF saw the value of its holdings soar as the digital asset's price jumped to an all-time high above $64,000.
4. Bitcoin hit the $1 trillion market cap milestone much faster than Big Tech. Microsoft took about 44 years to hit the same mark, while Apple took 42 years.
5. Lumber prices hit a record high after soaring more than 250% in the past year. Rising lumber costs added more than $24,000 to the price of the average new single-family home.
6. Banks report Q1 results. JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, and Wells Fargo are highlights.
7. On the data docket. Speeches by Fed Chair Jerome Powell, New York Fed President John Williams, and Fed Vice Chair Richard Clarida are due.
8. Investing legend Joel Greenblatt averaged 50% annual returns over 10 years. He told us his strategy for individual investors to find 'creative' opportunities in an increasingly crowded and ever-changing market.
9. Bank earnings are upon us, and select stocks could be in for big gains. Bank of America says to buy these 6 stocks now before their upcoming results drive stellar growth and outperformance.
10. An ETF expert shares which bitcoin fund could be approved shortly as the race to be first in the US heats up. Nate Geraci also tells us his best advice for how investors can approach the mad dash.
Source: Read Full Article