LIVE EVENT: Join us March 8 to hear from leaders across the energy industry on building a new low-carbon economy
- Sign up for an exclusive Insider event: Four industry execs from companies including Shell and Facebook discuss what it takes to build a clean energy economy.
- The event is on March 8 at 10:00 a.m EST. You can register here.
- Because of their work, Insider named these panelist to our annual list of the 10 leaders transforming energy.
- Visit Insider’s Transforming Business homepage for more stories.
The global energy industry is evolving faster than ever. Scores of companies are pledging to reduce their emissions. Oil companies are trimming down after demand for fossil fuels collapsed. And the Biden administration is moving quickly to create incentives for clean energy.
Still, there are many challenges ahead to achieving the goals of the Paris Agreement — a global pact to limit global warming to well below 2 degrees Celsius (3.6 degrees Fahrenheit).
Join us on March 8 at 10 am EST for a free live event, during which four top executives from companies like Facebook and Shell explain how these trends are shaping the energy industry. The event will be a 30-minute virtual panel moderated by Insider energy reporter Benji Jones.
Register for the event here.
Some of the topics the event will cover include:
- The role major oil companies will play in advancing clean technologies, from wind and solar to hydrogen and batteries
- The challenges in procuring 100% renewable energy, and the role corporations play as customers
- The toughest challenges companies face in bringing down their own emissions, and what has worked to overcome them
Got another idea about what we should discuss? Reach out to Benji Jones at [email protected]
What you need to know, and how to sign up
This is a free virtual event as part of Insider’s Transforming Business series.
When: Monday, March 8, 10:00 am EST
Where: Register to attend here.
Panelists: Elisabeth Brinton, SVP of Shell’s New Energies division; Mateo Jaramillo, CEO and cofounder at Form Energy; Urvi Parekh, head of renewable energy at Facebook; and Francois Austin, partner and global head for energy at Oliver Wyman.
We hope to see you there!
– Insider’s energy team
Source: Read Full Article