The 22 best Singles' Day sales going on right now from Brooklinen, Casper, and more stores
When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
- Singles' Day, which takes place on Wednesday, November 11 is a retail holiday created by Chinese e-commerce company Alibaba. It is the Chinese equivalent of Black Friday.
- Last year, the single shopping event generated more than $35.8 billion in sales in one day.
- Not many online retailers in the US are participating in it yet. We rounded up the best Singles' Day sales below. Some of these sales are marketed as Veterans Day sales as Veterans Day also falls on November 11.
- Read Insider Reviews' Black Friday 2020 deals and Cyber Monday 2020 deals coverage for more savings.
If you thought Black Friday was an extravagant event, wait until you hear about Singles' Day.
What is Alibaba's Singles' Day?
The unofficial Chinese holiday of guanggun jie ("bare sticks holiday") or shuang shiyi ("double 11") started in the '90s as a celebration of singledom. In 2009, Alibaba, the company that owns the two largest e-commerce websites in the world, Taobao and Tmall, repackaged the day into a discount shopping event, encouraging singles to treat themselves.
Is Singles' Day bigger than Black Friday?
Chinese shoppers didn't need to be told twice. The holiday quickly picked up steam and is only getting bigger, especially as more overseas vendors enter the fray to capitalize on the clicks of the world's largest deals-hungry population. In the first minute and eight seconds of this year's Singles Day, Alibaba said it had pulled in $1 billion in sales. After an hour, it hit $12 billion. Total sales for the day reached more than $35.8 billion. For some perspective, Cyber Monday sales in 2019 was a little over $9 billion.
While Alibaba now calls it the 11:11 Global Shopping Festival, Singles' Day has yet to reach a truly global audience. Here in the US, a small number of retailers are just starting to join in with Singles' Day-specific deals.
With the more popular Black Friday deals and Cyber Monday deals looming ahead, Singles' Day deals from online retailers may slip under the radar, but if you care about savings, you shouldn't pass them up. We predict it won't be long before Singles' Day gains more traction in the US and helps turn the entire month of November into the best time of the year to shop for yourself and your loved ones.
The best Singles' Day deals of 2020
- AUrate jewelry: 22% off your order with code SINGLESDAY22
- Bed Bath & Beyond: free shipping and up to 40% off your order over $39
- Bombas socks: 20% off sitewide for all new customers with code COMFORT20
- Brooklinen sheets: 15% off sitewide through November 11
- Casper mattress: save up to $600 off mattress bundles, up to $450 off mattresses, and up to $310 off almost sitewide.
- Club Monaco: 30% off on sale styles with the code NEWSALE through November 19.
- Gravity weighted blanket: 20% off sitewide with code HOLIDAY2020
- Happy Socks: save up to 30% off plus free shipping through November 11.
- Incase backpacks and tech accessories: 15% off sitewide with code INCS15AFF
- Leesa mattress: 15% off sitewide
- Mackage outerwear: 11% off your order with code "1111" on November 11 only
- Naadam cashmere: 30% off your order with code ELEVEN11 on November 11 only
- Nordstrom: up to 40% off brands like Vince Camuto, Cole Haan, and Halogen through November 17
- OXO Good Grips: 20% off glass food storage and bakeware through December 8
- rag & bone: 20% off one full-price item with code SINGLES20 on November 11 only
- Ralph Lauren: 11% off your order and an extra 30% off sale styles through November 12
- SmartWool socks: 11.11% off your order with code TREATYOURSELF
- Soothe at-home massage: $10 off your massage booking with code SOOTHE10
- Tushy bidet: free shipping all month with code FLYTURKEY
- Urban Outfitters: 11% off your order on November 11 only
- Verishop: 25% off sitewide on November 11 only
- Williams Sonoma: free shipping and 20% off your order with code FRIENDS through November 13
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article