Singapore GE2020: What to do on Polling Day
As this year’s election is being held amid the Covid-19 pandemic, the Elections Department has taken steps to ensure the safety of voters, candidates and officials when polling takes place.
Here is a guide on what to do on Polling Day.
– Look for the recommended two-hour time slot on your polling card
– Before going to the polling station, check if there is a long queue by going to this website
– Get your temperature taken before entering a polling station
– Anyone who has a temperature of above 37.5 deg C will be refused entry. A decision will be made later on whether those with fever or respiratory symptoms will be allowed to vote
– Remember to stand 1m apart from others at all times
– Before completing their electronic registration, voters will need to lower their mask for a moment and show their NRIC to election officials, who will then verify their identity
– Voters will need to scan their NRIC to register
– Before receiving the ballot paper, voters must sanitise their hands and put on disposable gloves
– Voters can either use the self-inking pen provided or bring their own pen to mark their ballot paper. Booths and pens will be sanitised regularly
– Before leaving the polling station, throw away used gloves into a bin. Sanitise your hands
This article has been edited for clarity.
Singapore GE2020: Get full election coverage on our dedicated site here.
Source: Read Full Article